Thursday, August 4, 2011


A few years ago, after eyeing the original Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment at the checkout at Sephora forever, I got past the $22.50 sticker shock and purchased the tube. There are certain little pleasures in life- a new tube or red lipstick that makes you want to check its presence on your lips in the mirror, a new handbag etc. Every time I took this out of my pocket, it made me feel special- but it made my lips feel better. Soft and cushioned- but not slippery.

After going some time without the original, I saw the Plum version in the store. After such a good experience with the original, I was excited at the possibility of a better experience than before. But, alas, I can be scared of color and it sits in my drawer never used (maybe this fall!). When this rolled out, I was excited- I love a good nude, and one that's a treatment too? Amazing.  It imparts some color on the lips (as shown above on my pore-ific face- wow), but does it while taking good care of your smackers.



Per Sephora:

A lip treatment with SPF 15 and a warm nude tint.

What it does:
Sugar Honey Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 is formulated with an array of ingredients that nourish and protect the lips. Sugar, a natural humectant, ensures long-lasting moisture while hydrating meadowfoam and black currant seed oils condition the lips. It is further enriched with antioxidant-rich vitamins to defend against wrinkle-causing free radicals and provides year-round protection from damaging UV rays. The versatile formula allows for buildable coverage to customize a sheer or rich hue and is the perfect partner to the bestselling Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan 



The price may be steep- but if you wear it and every time you do, you feel special, I think that's worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment